Love is love and it’s a beautiful thing. After a trip to my hometown, in the presence of family and friends who I don’t get to see often, I’ve been reminded just how good love is. Coming home to my husband after almost three weeks away reminded me that the heart really does grow fonder. Listening to beautiful vows written by two good friends, expressing each and every reason why they love each other, reminded me to tell loved ones exactly why I love them, not just that I do. Being a visitor in the hospital reminded me that everyday with loved ones is precious. Having my nephew sit on my lap, after crying at the sight of me just two weeks prior, reminded me that love takes time and trust. Watching good friends bring a beautiful baby into this world reminded me that everyday there are more amazing people to love. Playing scrabble with my Grandma and watching the 5am news with my dad, reminded me that love comes in simple forms, not grand gestures.
I usually don’t talk news on the interwebs, and I sure as heck don’t talk politics. But I will talk about love.
And love is love, and let’s work on bringing more of it into this world, k?
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pesto, inspired by appetizers at a lovely wedding in Lake Tahoe.
Wrap, broil, top with pesto, and eat.
Love is love, and it seems the world loves bacon, so I’ll start there.
- 12 large frozen shrimp, tail on*
- 4 pieces bacon, cut in thirds
- Pesto, for topping
- Preheat the oven broiler to 425F // 220C. Line a baking sheet with foil. Fold the bacon in half, lengthwise, and wrap it around the shrimp. Place the flap side down on the baking sheet. Repeat as many times as shrimp you want to eat. Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the bacon is browned.
- Place on a serving plate. Top with a dollop of pesto.
- *You can also use fresh shrimp, but adjust the cook time accordingly.